November 6 – November 23, 2018 Application Closed
Development practitioners, trainers and educators in this course learn participatory design and facilitation approaches and techniques. Participants improve their skills through hands-on, small group practice and strengthen their knowledge of principles and practices of transformative education. Collectively, they create strategies for overcoming challenges in their own work.
- Learn participatory design and facilitation techniques
- Strengthen knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of transformative, emancipatory adult education and participatory training
- Build skills to recognize and demonstrate different curriculum design theories and practices, with particular emphasis on participatory approaches
- Learn creative strategies for analyzing issues and overcoming challenges experienced in facilitation and training in the field
- Design and implement process facilitation within your community and organization;
- Develop local and international strategies for inter-agency collaboration and networking in participatory education and training
Who should take the program?
This certificate is designed primarily for experienced facilitators and trainers, and those who do a significant amount of facilitation in their work, who want to explore new theories, principles, and practices in participatory adult education and training approaches.