Livelihoods and Markets
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
October 15 – 26, 2018
Applications for this program are now closed
The program explores different approaches for livelihoods promotion including value chain development, making markets work for the poor, and social enterprise. It combines in-depth deconstruction of key concepts and tools, real-life illustrative examples and interactive exercises to help participants build and enhance their skills in developing inclusive market systems.
Scholarships for this certificate are available through The MasterCard Foundation Microfinance Scholars Program.
- Understand the linkage between livelihoods, market and community development, and poverty reduction
- Become familiar with the key terminology and concepts in this field, key frameworks, tools and approaches, as well as the related challenges and emerging lessons
- Learn how to practically apply these tools and methodologies to conduct value-chain analysis and develop value chain programs
- Become connected with a growing professional network of peers from various organizations around the world working in this quickly changing field
- Gain an understanding of relevant, contemporary tools, frameworks, and approaches in livelihoods development and market engagement
- Develop intermediary-level expertise and enhance in-house capacity in conducting value chain analysis and developing pro-poor, inclusive, and equitable value chain interventions
- Gain insights into new thinking and cutting-edge innovations in the area of community-level micro- and small enterprise development, both on- and off-farm
Who should take the program?
This course is ideal for community development program officers, coordinators, and managers who are currently working with small-holder producers, supporting micro-enterprise development or income generating activities. This includes organizations engaged in livelihood promotion programs, the private sector, technical service providers, financial institutions and other stakeholders.
Fees for this program are $1,900 USD.
All successful applicants are responsible for the cost of accomodation, meals and travel.