October 17 – November 2, 2018
Development requires collaboration to meet mutual interests and the Sustainable Development Goals highlight the importance of multi-stakeholder partnership. The objective of this course is to re-think partnership and to enhance capacity to collaborate across differences for positive social change. It is designed to build shared knowledge for intentional, equitable and effective partnerships.
- Gain a greater understanding of the complexities and principals involved with multi-sector and multiple-actor collaboration and working in partnerships;
- Develop skills required for designing, assessing, managing, facilitating, and negotiating in multi-party stakeholder settings;
- Learn lessons from real multi-stakeholder situations including your own;
- Identify strategies for applying learnings to diverse contexts
- Review, develop and strengthen partnership strategies that help achieve organizational goals and create collaborative relationships with other development actors;
- Build a partnership framework to analyze potential partners, develop strategies to strengthen partnerships
Who should take the program?
This certificate is designed for those currently working in a multi-stakeholder environment and whose work could be enhanced by intentional collaboration and partnerships. Ideally, the certificate will involve participants from a variety of stakeholder perspectives: local NGOs, community groups, the private sector, funders, government, international agencies, and civil society organizations.