Are you ready to apply? Here are some helpful tips and information.
General Admission Requirements
Note: These are general admission requirements for all programs; however, some of our courses have very specific requirements. Please visit the education programs page and read the course descriptions carefully for more detail.
- Relevant years of experience and education in community development work,
- Member of a civil society, government or private sector organization working to create positive social change,
- Ability to contribute in a participatory learning classroom experience,
- Potential to improve and expand the impact of your work as the result of attending a Coady program,
- Commitment to apply Coady learning in your organization and/or community,
- Commitment to contribute to on-going learning within Coady graduate networks,
- Proof of English language skills. (All programs are facilitated in English.)
The table below outlines the program costs for 2019 programs.
Coady continues to work toward reducing program fees through various bursaries. Most successful applicants receive partial bursary to assist with program costs.
Those receiving a bursary are responsible for fees payable of at least $2,300 CAD for fall programs.
On-Campus Courses (Canada)
Asset-Based and Citizen-Led Development, $4,600 CAD
Women’s Leadership in Community Development, $4,600 CAD
Social Enterprise for Inclusive Economies, $4,600 CAD
Promoting Accountable Democracies, $6,300 CAD
Strengthening Inclusive Economies, $6,300 CAD
Building Resilient Communities, $6,300 CAD
Global Change Leaders$17,000 CAD**
**Through the financial support of our private donors and partners, Global Change Leaders is a fully funded educational program offered by Coady’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership.
Off-Campus Courses (Various Locations)
Information coming soon.
*Program costs are subject to change.
All successful applicants are responsible for the cost of travel unless otherwise indicated.
Successful candidates must pay their fees in full at least (3) weeks prior to a course start date. Special requests for extensions must be made (6) weeks prior to a course start date and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks to the generous financial support of various funding partners as well as a number of individual donors, Coady International Institute is able to offer partial bursaries to most candidates accepted into the Institute’s education programs.
Those receiving a bursary are responsible for fees payable of at least $1,950 CAD for spring programs and $2,300 CAD for fall programs.
Coady prioritizes bursary support for candidates working full-time in the global south for a reputed development agency. Preference will be given to candidates from disadvantaged groups (women, the differently abled, ethnic minorities, and Indigenous communities, etc.).
Coady may accept a candidate with a partial bursary, or no bursary support.
Candidates are required to cover their own costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question? Visit the frequently asked questions page for more information.
Tip: Before applying:
- Visit the education programs page to find your program. (Not sure which program to choose? Contact us for assistance from Coady staff.)
- Read the course description carefully to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
- Use the “apply now” button on the course description page to start your application.