The Coady International Institute contributes to the advancement of knowledge in the field of development by documenting its practice and experience, as well as that of its partners. We produce a range of publications including:
- Case Studies–documenting exemplary stories of innovative communities and leaders.
- Convenings–highlighting conferences, presentations, papers and consultations hosted by Coady.
- Digital Tools–interactive resources.
- Innovation Series–features publications for academics and community builders to explore new ways of thinking, practicing and teaching.
- Manuals for Practitioners–practical resources for development practice and learning.
- Occasional Papers–past research and issues written by Coady staff and associates.
- Reports–detailed studies, evaluations, and reviews.
- Conference Presentations–Papers and presentations by Coady staff.
- Articles and Books–Coady staff contributions to journals and other publications.
- Research For Change
Please also look at the thematic sections of this website for materials relevant to these areas of focus.
- Irving, C.J. (forthcoming). Critical information literacy: Adult learning and community perspectives. RELA: European Journal for Research on the Education and Learning of Adults.
- Buss, D., Katz-Lavigne, S., Otieno, A., & Alma, E. (forthcoming). “Remember the women of Osiri”: Women and gender in artisanal and small-scale mining in Migori County, Kenya. Canadian Journal of African Studies. doi: 10.1080/00083968.2019.1677483
- Feminist economics in practice: Inclusive gender responsive budgeting: tools and techniques for finance and non-finance community leaders, Naima Imam Chowdhury, December 2018.
- Exploring an asset-based and citizen-led approach to enhancing the adaptive capacity of farmers to climate change (partner website)
- Identities, interests and preferences matter. Fostering sustainable community development by building assets and agency in western Kenya, Lisa Elena Fuchs, Brianne Peters, Henry Neufeldt. Sustainable Development, March 2019.
- ABCD Google Map: Building Assets and Agency: Lessons learned from around the world, Brianne Peters, January 2019.
- Assets on the right(s) track? Reflections at the intersection of human rights-based approaches and asset-based and citizen-led development, Julien Landry & Brianne Peters, December 2018.
- Using producer-led value chain research to revitalize indigenous foods and launch social enterprises: Lessons from Ghana, David Fletcher, Yogesh Ghore, with Bernard Y. Guri, Daniel Banuoku, and Elham Mumuni. December 2018.
- Innovation, investments, incentives and impact: What can rural women in Ghana teach us about social enterprise? Yogesh Ghore, David Fletcher, with Fati Abdulai, December 2018.
- Applying social network analysis to Coady networks: The case of South Africa, Eric Smith, December 2018.
- Resource centres promoting information access, activism and people’s knowledge, Catherine Irving, December 2018.
- The integrated leaky bucket, December 2018.
- Bridging the divide in community development, Lisa Elena Fuchs, December 2018.
- Producer led value chain analysis: Facilitator’s guide, Yogesh Ghore, 2018 revision.
- Re-blocking and resilience in Canumay East, Manila, video case study, produced by Homeless People’s Federation of the Philippines, SDI (Slum/Shack Dwellers International), & Coady International Institute, 2018.
- Applying an intersectional approach to facilitating and global development practice, Pamela Johnson, Wendy Kraglund-Gauthier, with Bridget Houston, December 2018.
- Participatory, accountable, and inclusive governance in practice: A collection of Participedia case studies by Coady graduates, edited by Julien Landry, October 2018.
- Learning from Stories of Change — Graduate survey of Coady education programs, 2017.
- Citizen-led Innovation for a New Economy
- Citizenship as Agency