The Coady International Institute contributes to the advancement of knowledge in the field of development by documenting its practice and experience, as well as that of its partners. We produce a range of publications including:
- Case Studies–documenting exemplary stories of innovative communities and leaders.
- Convenings–highlighting conferences, presentations, papers and consultations hosted by Coady.
- Innovation Series–features publications for academics and community builders to explore new ways of thinking, practicing and teaching.
- Manuals for Practitioners–practical resources for development practice and learning.
- Occasional Papers–past research and issues written by Coady staff and associates.
- Reports–detailed studies, evaluations, and reviews.
- Conference Presentations–Papers and presentations by Coady staff.
- Articles and Books–Coady staff contributions to journals and other publications.
- Research For Change
Please also look at the thematic sections of this website for materials relevant to these areas of focus.
- Exploring an asset-based and citizen-led approach to enhancing the adaptive capacity of farmers to climate change (partner website)
- Identities, interests and preferences matter. Fostering sustainable community development by building assets and agency in western Kenya, Lisa Elena Fuchs, Brianne Peters, Henry Neufeldt. Sustainable Development, March 2019.
- ABCD Google Map: Building Assets and Agency: Lessons learned from around the world, Brianne Peters, January 2019.
- Applying social network analysis to Coady networks: The case of South Africa, Eric Smith, December 2018.
- The integrated leaky bucket, December 2018.
- Bridging the divide in community development, Lisa Elena Fuchs, December 2018.
- Producer led value chain analysis: Facilitator’s guide, Yogesh Ghore, 2018 revision.
- Re-blocking and resilience in Canumay East, Manila, video case study, produced by Homeless People’s Federation of the Philippines, SDI (Slum/Shack Dwellers International), & Coady International Institute, 2018.
- Applying an intersectional approach to facilitating and global development practice, 2018.
- Participatory, accountable, and inclusive governance in practice: A collection of Participedia case studies by Coady graduates.
- Learning from Stories of Change — Graduate survey of Coady education programs.
- Participatory livelihoods mapping with people with disabilities in Uganda, Market-based solutions for the extreme poor project (Rockefeller Foundation). By Yogesh Ghore, 2016.
- Market actors report from the fieldwork in Uganda, Market-based solutions for the extreme poor project (Rockefeller Foundation). By Yogesh Ghore, 2016
- A typology of market-based approaches to include the most marginalized, Market-based solutions for the extreme poor project (Rockefeller Foundation), by Jodie Thorpe, Alison Mathie & Yogesh Ghore, 2016.
- Comparative evaluation on community-managed savings-led approaches in the Mekong, Maud Massu, Louis-Pierre Michaud, Anuj Jain. (In collaboration with CARE Australia). (3.62Mb pdf).
- Asset-based and citizen-led development: Using a diffracted power lens to analyze the possibilities and challenges, Alison Mathie, Jenny Cameron & Katherine Gibson.
- Pathways toward political and economic agency: A synthesis of findings from five scoping studies, by Alison Mathie, Eileen Alma, Nanci Lee, Brianne Peters and Bettina von Lieres.
- Can participation ‘fix’ inequality: Unpacking the relationship between the economic and political citizenship, by John Gaventa.
- Citizen-led Innovation for a New Economy.
- Citizenship as Agency