The Coady International Institute contributes to the advancement of knowledge in the field of development by documenting its practice and experience, as well as that of its partners. We produce a range of publications including:
- Case Studies–documenting exemplary stories of innovative communities and leaders.
- Convenings–highlighting conferences, presentations, papers and consultations hosted by Coady.
- Digital Tools–interactive resources.
- Innovation Series–features publications for academics and community builders to explore new ways of thinking, practicing and teaching.
- Manuals for Practitioners–practical resources for development practice and learning.
- Occasional Papers–past research and issues written by Coady staff and associates.
- Reports–detailed studies, evaluations, and reviews.
- Conference Presentations–Papers and presentations by Coady staff.
- Articles and Books–Coady staff contributions to journals and other publications.
Please also look at the thematic sections of this website for materials relevant to these areas of focus.
- Irving, C. J. (2020). Critical information literacy: Adult learning and community perspectives. RELA: European Journal for Research on the Education and Learning of Adults. 11(1), 65-76.
- Buss, D., Katz-Lavigne, S., Otieno, A., & Alma, E. (2020). “Remember the women of Osiri”: Women and gender in artisanal and small-scale mining in Migori County, Kenya. Canadian Journal of African Studies, 54(1), 177-195. doi: 10.1080/00083968.2019.1677483 (StFX access)
- Feminist economics in practice: Inclusive gender responsive budgeting: tools and techniques for finance and non-finance community leaders, Naima Imam Chowdhury, December 2018.
- Exploring an asset-based and citizen-led approach to enhancing the adaptive capacity of farmers to climate change (partner website)
- Fuchs, L. E., Peters, B., & Neufeldt, H. (2019). Identities, interests and preferences matter: Fostering sustainable community development by building assets and agency in western Kenya. Sustainable Development, 27(4), 704-712. doi:10.1002/sd.1934 (StFX access)
- ABCD Google Map: Building Assets and Agency: Lessons learned from around the world, Brianne Peters, January 2019.
- Assets on the right(s) track? Reflections at the intersection of human rights-based approaches and asset-based and citizen-led development, Julien Landry & Brianne Peters, December 2018.