Due to the prevailing global and local circumstances concerning COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) Coady Institute is cancelling its full program of 2020 on-campus courses. We will be launching an expanded program of online courses in the coming months (see below) and plan to resume on-campus courses in May, 2021. Full details and dates on these courses will be available on our web page as they emerge.
The Online Learning Experience at Coady
The Coady Institute offers educational programming for emerging and established community leaders with a passion for social change. Coady’s approach to adult education is practice-focused and participatory, informed by learner-centered and asset-based methods that hold the potential for both personal growth and societal transformation. Courses are hosted on-campus at StFX University in Canada, off-campus in communities around the globe, and online using various communications platforms.
In 2020, the Coady Institute is offering a larger than usual program of online courses and learning events to ensure that the professional development of community change makers is not unduly constrained by the restrictions on travel and assembly driven by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Coady’s online courses incorporate a combination of synchronous (real time) and asynchronous (any time) delivery. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in learning activities through asynchronous activities, such as small and large group forums, when it best fits their schedules. In most courses, participants also meet for a weekly real-time facilitated session. If unable to attend the live session, participants are expected to listen to the recording and follow up with the instructor. Course documents, including readings can be downloaded to read offline. Participants are expected to engage in the course as outlined in the course description, most of which require eight hours of engagement a week. Participants who successfully complete the course and related assignments are awarded a Certificate of Completion from the Institute.
On Line Programs
Applications are now open for:
Applications will soon be open for:
Research Methods for Social Change (2021, Dates TBA)
Courses cancelled due to Covid-19. Details forthcoming on 2021 program.
• Community-led Action in a Changing Climate
• Advocacy: Increasing Citizen Voice and Agency
• Social Enterprise for Inclusive Local Economies
• Asset-based Citizen-led Development
• Facilitation and Training Approaches for Community-led Change
• Action Research for Citizen-led Change
• Community-Based Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding
• Building Resilient Communities
• Citizen-led Accountability: Strategies and Tools
• Future of Work and Workers
• Participatory Tools for Gender Justice
• Livelihoods and Markets
• Development Evaluation for Social Impact
• Global Change Leaders
•Indigenous Women in Community Leadership
• Women’s Leadership in Community Development
• Leadership for Citizen-Led Development
Ongoing Programs for Youth:
- Pathy Foundation Fellowship (Cancelled for 2020)