Case Studies–documenting exemplary stories of innovative communities and leaders.
ABCD Case Studies
- If change should come, we should bring it: Stories of citizen-led development in Haiti, by Coady International Institute & Le Centre Haïtien du Leadership et de l’Excellence, 2013. (3.2 Mb pdf)
- The Jambi Kiwa story: Mobilizing assets for community development, by Gord Cunningham, 2005. (9.5 Mb pdf); Spanish (4 Mb pdf)
- Learning together to promote citizen-led development, by Brianne Peters, 2013. Published by the Association of Universities and Colleges in Canada (AUCC) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) as one of the cases featured in the series: Innovative North-South Partnerships.
- Putting Smallholder Producers at the Centre of the Value Chain: Videos of value chain practices in Ethiopia. An ABCD partnership with Coady and Oxfam.
- Stories of ABCD: A collection of case studies documenting ABCD practice.
- The Story Behind the Well: A case study of successful community development in Makutano, Kenya, by Halima Mahomed and Brianne Peters. The study was a collaborative effort by the Global Fund for Community Foundations and Coady International Institute. (1.9 Mb pdf)
- From clients to citizens: Communities changing the course of their own development. A. Mathie & G. Cunningham (Eds.). Rugby, UK: Practical Action, 2008. (Marie Michael Library: 307.112 M426f), Purchase Information
- Voices in Harmony: Stories of community-driven development in South Africa, by Ninnette Eliasov and Brianne Peters, 2013. (5 Mb pdf)
Global Change Leaders Case Studies
- Case Study Discussion Guide
- Ela Bhatt, by Nanci Lee.
- Dr. Bogaletch Gebre, by Rachel Hess.
- Dr. Zilda Arns Neumann, by Nanci Lee.
- Kakenya Ntaiya, by Pauline Achola.
- Nguyen Thi Oanh, by Jim Delaney.
- Perveen Shaikh, by Linda Jones and Rachel Hess.
Indigenous Women in Community Leadership Case Studies
- The Women of Membertou, by Gabrielle Donnelly.
- Broken Head Ojibway Nation, by Gabrielle Donnelly.
- Fort McKay First Nation, Alberta, by Gabrielle Donnelly.
- Membertou, Cape Breton, by Gabrielle Donnelly.
- Butterfly Club, Winnipeg, by Gabrielle Donnelly.
- Kàlemì Dene School, Northwest Territories, by Gabrielle Donnelly.
Community Based Microfinance Case Studies
- Reaching the Hard to Reach: Comparative study of member-owned financial institutions in remote rural areas, Nanci Lee, Ed., (2008).