Marie Michael Library
Care and Support for People living with HIV/AIDS
- Education & Training Unit (ETU). (n.d.). HIV and AIDS. In Community organisers toolbox. Johannesburg: Education & Training Unit.
- Esplen, E. (2009). Gender and care: Overview report. BRIDGE Cutting Edge Pack (Overview report). (1.01 Mb pdf)
- Family Health International. (2001). Care for orphans, children affected by HIV/AIDS, and other vulnerable children: A strategic framework. Arlington, VA: FHI. (448K pdf)
- FAO. (2002). Living well with HIV/AIDS: A manual on nutritional care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS. Rome: FAO.
- HIV and AIDS: Treatment, care and support, Population Council.
Children and HIV/AIDS
- OVCsupport.org is a global hub on children and HIV.
- UNICEF. (2010). Children and AIDS: Fifth stocktaking report. New York: UNICEF. (3.37 Mb pdf)
Youth and HIV/AIDS
- AIDS 2014: Global Village & Youth Programme, 20th International AIDS Conference, Melbourne, Australia, July 20-25, 2014.
- AIDS 2016: Global Village & Youth Programme, 21st International AIDS Conference, Durban, South Africa, July 18-22, 2016.
- AIDS 2018, 22nd International AIDS Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 23-27, 2018.
- Pan American Health Organization’s resources on HIV and sexually transmitted infections
- SciDev.net’s HIV/AIDS resources
- TakingITGlobal: HIV/AIDS, contains publications, a quiz and links to multimedia and related organizations.
- Youth AIDS Coalition (YAC)
- ATHENA, advancing gender equity and human rights in the global response to HIV/AIDS.
- Contact Magazine, 1983-current.
- Gender Equality and HIV/AIDS, UNIFEM web portal
- Health GAP (Global Access Project) is an organization of U.S.-based AIDS and human rights activists who campaign against the denial of treatment, funding of AIDS treatment programs, and the spread of HIV.
- HIV/AIDS Resources, World Health Organization (WHO).
- HIV and AIDS resources from Eldis.
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance supports communities to reduce the spread of HIV and to meet the challenges of AIDS.
- Nath, M. B. (2000). Gender, HIV and human rights: A training manual. New York: UNIFEM.
- Peace Corps. (2000). HIV/AIDS: Integrating prevention and care into your sector. Washington, DC: Peace Corps.
- Peace Corps. (2001). Gender roles and HIV/AIDS. The Exchange, 34. Washington, DC: Peace Corps.
- Rowden, R., et al. (2004). Blocking Progress: how the fight against HIV/AIDS is being undermined by the World Bank and IMF. [n.l.]: ActionAid International USA.
- The Stephen Lewis Foundation
- UNAIDS: The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- UNAIDS. (2012). Together we will end AIDS. Geneva: UNAIDS.
- WHO. (2009). Integrating gender into HIV/AIDS programmes in the health sector: Tool to improve responsiveness to women’s needs. Geneva: WHO. (4.28 Mb pdf)