Marie Michael Library
- CBM. (2012). Inclusion made easy: A quick program guide to disability in development. [Australia]: CBM International. (5.06 Mb pdf)
- Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA), public library services for Canadians with print disabilities.
- Disability Rights Fund resource page.
- Disabled Peoples’ International promotes human rights of disabled people through participation, equalization of opportunity and development.
- IDDC. (2012). Making inclusion a reality in development organisations: A manual for advisors in disability mainstreaming. Brussels: International Disability and Development Consortium. (1.22 Mb pdf)
- Jones, D. & Webster, L., et al. (2006). A handbook on mainstreaming disability. London: VSO United Kingdom. (1.95 Mb pdf)
- Katsui, H. (2012). Disabilities, human rights and international cooperation: Human rights-based approach and lived experiences of Ugandan women with disabilities. [n.l.]: Center for Human Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Miller, C. & Albert, B. (2005). Mainstreaming disability in development: Lessons from gender mainstreaming. (292K pdf)
- Nielsen, R. (Producer). (2014). Love and belonging: Jean Vanier at L’Arche [Video]. Toronto: Norflicks Productions. (45:18 min.)
Rights-Based Approaches to Development
- Suggested journal: IDS Bulletin Volume 36, No. 1.
- Eyben, R. (2003). The rise of rights: Rights-based approaches to international development. K. Cockburn, (Ed.). (IDS policy briefing 17). (108K pdf)
- Gold, L. (2005). More than a numbers game?: Ensuring that the Millennium Development Goals address structural injustice. Brussels: CIDSE. (704K pdf)
- IDS. (2009). Reinvigorating human rights based approaches with redistribution. (IDS In Focus policy briefing, no. 11).
- Kapur, A., & Duvvury, N. (2006). A rights-based approach to realizing the economic and social rights of poor and marginalized women: A synthesis of lessons learned. Washington, DC: International Center for Research on Women. (308K pdf)
- Maxwell, S. (1999). What can we do with a rights-based approach to development?, (ODI briefing paper no. 3). (48K pdf)
- Nyamu-Musembi, C., & Cornwall, A. (2004). What is the rights-based approach all about?: Perspectives from international development agencies. (IDS working paper 234). (547K pdf)
- Rights and Development Group. (2008). Rights-based development from a faith-based perspective. (753K pdf)
General sites on Human Rights
- Amnesty International campaigns for internationally recognized human rights to be respected and protected for everyone.
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems (HURIDOCS) strengthens the capacity of human rights organisations to manage and communicate information.
- Human Rights Internet is committed to social justice, good governance and conflict prevention.
- Human Rights Watch is dedicated to defending and protecting human rights.
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) represents the world’s commitment to promoting and protecting all human rights.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights was adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations on December 10, 1948.
- Universal Human Rights Index of United Nations Documents provides access for all countries to human rights information from the United Nations system.
- WhatConvention.org – international legal search engine of human rights and humanitarian law.
- Center for Human Rights and Global Justice. (2005). The missing piece of the puzzle: Caste discrimination and the conflict in Nepal. New York: CHRGJ. (794K pdf)
- Center for Human Rights and Global Justice. (2008). Recasting justice: Securing Dalit right’s in Nepal’s new constitution. New York: CHRGJ. (1.04 Mb pdf)
- International Dalit Solidarity Network works globally againt discrimination based on work and descent.
Truth and Reconciliation Commissions
- National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation is based at the University of Manitoba.
- Shaw, R. (2005). Rethinking truth and reconciliation commissions: Lessons from Sierra Leone. (Special report 130). Washington, DC: United States Institute of Peace.
- Sverrisson, H. B. (2006). Truth and reconciliation commission in Kosovo: A window of opportunity?. Peace Conflict & Development, 8. (205K pdf)
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of South Africa, archival source guide and final report available.