Marie Michael Library
- Tea sector in Sri Lanka
- Bryant, K. (2016, February 25). Fighting for recognition: The role of women on Sri Lankan tea plantations [Blog post].
- Care International. (2011). Empowering workers on the tea sector of Sri Lanka. Colombo, Sri Lanka: Care International. (1.74 Mb pdf)
- Careplantation. (2012). CARE Sri Lanka plantation program [Video file]. (7:42 min.)
- Roscoe, A. (2013, October 2). Tea estates see bumper returns after investing in worker empowerment [Blog post].
- Roscoe, A., Cader, F., & Jayasinghe, C. (2013). A different cup of tea: The business case for empowering workers in the Sri Lankan tea sector (CARE briefing paper no. 4). London: Care International UK. (459K pdf)
- Sanjeewani, K. S. (2015). The impact of women empowerment programs on upcountry tea estate women in Sri Lanka. International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology, 2(7),36-48. (108K pdf)
- Jambi Kiwa
- Cunningham, G., et al. (2005). The Jambi Kiwa story: Mobilizing assets for community development. Antigonish, NS: Coady International Institute. (3.18 Mb pdf)
- Olive sector stakeholders and partnership: Palestine (Optional)
- CoadyInstitute. (2015). From grove to market: Oxfam in Palestine [Video file]. (14:05 min.)
- El-Jazairi, L. (2010). The road to olive farming: Challenge to developing the economy of olive oil in the West Bank. Oxford, UK: Oxfam International.
- Oxfam International. (n.d.). From grove to market: Palestinian olive harvest in Farkha.
- Health sector partnerships in India (Optional)
- Mehta, A., Bhatia, A., & Chatterjee, A. (Eds.). (2010). Improving health and education service delivery in India through public-private partnerships (PPP Knowledge series). Manila, Philippines: Asian Development Bank. (738K pdf)
- Raman, A. V. &. Bjorkman, J. W. (n.d.). Public/private partnership in health care services in India. (70K pdf)
- Antigonish Town Partnership
- PicnicStudios. (n.d.). Ellershouse wind farm: As the wind blows [Video file]. (7:51 min.)
- Halifax Field Visit
- Dalhousie University. (2015). Global Health Office: Effective partnerships [Video file]. (12:38 min.)
- Antigonish Public Place
- MacIver, M. (2011, June 29). “The People’s Place:” How placemaking can build today’s best libraries [Blog post].
- Global Affairs Canada. (2017). Canada’s policy for civil society partnerships for international assistance: A feminist approach. (286K pdf)
- Center on Network Science. (2015). PARTNER tool. A social network analysis tool that collects, analyzes and interprets data to improve collaboration within community networks.
- Community Tool Box. (2016). Creating and maintaining partnerships. This toolkit is a guide for creating partnerships among organizations addressing a common goal.
- Development Impact & You. (n.d.). Building partnerships map.
- Oxfam. (2007). Working with others: Oxfam GB partnership policy. Cowley, Oxford, England: Oxfam GB. (2.30 Mb pdf)
- Oxfam. (2011). Ownership in practice: The politics of partnership: how donors manage risk while letting recipients lead their own development. Boston, MA: Oxfam America. (2.06 Mb pdf)
- Oxfam Canada. (2011). Oxfam Canada partnership policy.
- Oxfam International. (2012). Working together: Oxfam’s partnership principles. Oxford, UK: Oxfam GB. (542K pdf)
- Partnership Brokers Association. (n.d.). Partnership brokers self-assessment tools. (89K pdf)
- Tennyson, R. (2011). The partnering toolbook: An essential guide to cross-sector partnering (4th ed.). [n.l.]: International Business Leaders Forum.
- Winder, Y. (2016). Putting Oxfam’s partnership principles into practice: Oxfam’s partnership toolkit: minimum requirements and good practice guidelines. Oxford: Oxfam International.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Partnerships
- Mathie, A. & Peters, B. (2014). Joint (ad)ventures and (in)credible journeys evaluating innovation: Asset-based community development in Ethiopia. Development in Practice, 24(3), 405-419. (StFX only)
- Peters, B., Gonsamo, M., & Molla, S. (2011). Capturing unpredictable and intangible change: Evaluating an asset-based community development (ABCD) approach in Ethiopia (Occasional paper series, no. 10). Antigonish, NS: Coady Institute. (8.72 Mb pdf)
- Wilson-Grau, R. & Nunez, M. (2007). Evaluating international social-change networks: A conceptual framework for a participatory approach. Development in Practice, 17(2), 258-271. (StFX only)
Various Case Studies and Resources
- Coca-Cola Company. (2018, August 27). 2017 Sustainability report: Stakeholder engagement.
- National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health. (2014). Leadership for health equity: Working intersectorally and engaging the community in western health. Antigonish, NS: NCCDH. (822K pdf)
- Webb, T. (2014, January 2). Business/NGO partnerships: Six key lessons from Oxfam America [Blog post].
Negotiating Collaboration and Partnerships
- Spangler, B. & Burgess, H. (2012). Best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA).
- Community Development Journal, (STFX only), issues available: 1(1966)-current. (StFX only)
- Development, (STFX only), issues available: 42(1999)-current (delayed one year). (StFX only)
- Development in Practice, (STFX only), issues available: 1(1991)-current. (StFX only)
- IDS Bulletin, open access issues available: 1(1989)-current.
- How to Cite References, Coady International Institute guidelines. (138K pdf)
- Balle Nova Scotia. (2010). Just Us Coffee Roasters Co-operative [Video file]. (4:20 min.)
- Brouwer, H. & Brouwers, J. (2017). The MSP tool guide: Sixty tools to facilitate multi-stakeholder partnerships. Wageningen, The Netherlands: Wageningen Research. (5.4 Mb pdf)
- Brouwer, H., et al. (2016). The MSP guide: How to design and facilitate multi-stakeholder partnerships. Rugby, Warwickshire, UK: Practical Action. (3.11 Mb pdf)
- Cadilhon, J.-J. (2013). Story: The functions of facilitation in multi-stakeholder learning: lessons learned from capacity development on value chains management in innovation platforms in Burkina Faso and Ghana. Knowledge Management for Development Journal, 9(3), 174-181. (857K pdf)
- Critchley, W., Verburg, M. & van Veldhuizen, L. (2006). Facilitating multi-stakeholder partnerships: Lessons from PROLINNOVA. Silang, Cavite, Philippines: IIRR.
- Farolfi, A., Hassan, R., Perret, S. & MacKay, H. (2004). A role-playing game to support multi-stakeholder negotiations related to water allocation in South Africa: First applications and potential developments.
- Frank, F. & Smith, A. (2000). The partnership handbook. Hull, QC: Human Resources Development Canada. (184K pdf)
- Gray, B. & Stites, J. P. (2013). Sustainability through partnerships: Capitalizing on collaboration. London, ON: Network for Business Sustainability. (3.82 Mb pdf)
- Hunt, J. (2010). Partnerships for indigenous development: International development NGOs, Aboriginal organisations and communities (CAEPR working paper no. 71). Canberra, Australia: Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research.
- Kanter, B. (2011, January 25). How networked nonprofits visualize their networks [Blog post].
- Kusters, K., Buck, L., de Graff, M., Minang, P., van Oosten, C., & Zagt, R. (2017). Participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation of multi-stakeholder platforms in integrated landscape initiatives. Environmental Management. (StFX only)
- Lundy, M., Gottret, M. V., Best, R., & Ferris, S. (2007). A participatory guide to developing partnerships, area resource assessment and planning together (Good practice guide 2). Cali, Columbia: International Center for Tropical Agriculture.
- Marais, D., Toohey, J., Edwards, D., & IJsselmuiden, C. (2013). Where there is no lawyer: Guidance for fairer contract negotiation in collaborative research partnerships. Geneva: Council in Health Research for Development. (957K pdf)
- Mazer, K. (2007). Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-op. Victoria, BC: Canadian CED Network. (1.22 Mb pdf)
- Multi-stakeholder partnerships, knowledge portal from Wageningen University & Research. Case studies, tools and methods, and other resources are available.
- Multi-stakeholder partnerships resources available from the Sustainable development knowledge platform, United Nations.
- Overseas Development Institute. (2003). Multi-stakeholder partnerships: issue paper. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Global Knowledge Partnership Secretariat. (550K pdf)
- St. Stephen’s Community House: Conflict Resolution Service
- Susskind, L., et al. (2005). What we have learned about teaching multiparty negotiation. Negotiation Journal, 21/3. (StFX only).
- Weiss, S. (2013). Negotiating win-win strategic innovation partnerships [Blog post].
- Zimmermann, A. & Maennling, C. (2007). Mainstreaming participation: Multi-stakeholder management: tools for stakeholder analysis: 10 building blocks for designing participatory systems of cooperation. Eschborn, Germany: GTZ. (2.5 Mb pdf)