Marie Michael Library
Women, peace and security for the 20th anniversary of UN Security Council Resolution 1325
- The Asia Foundation is committed to improving the lives of people across Asia. It addresses issues affecting Asia in the 21st century by: strengthening governance, expanding economic opportunity, increasing environmental resilience, empowering women, and promoting international cooperation.
- Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) is a global, feminist movement-support organization focused on gender justice and women’s human rights worldwide.
- Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies (DKI APCSS) is a U.S. Department of Defense institute that addresses regional and global security issues.
- Georgetown Institute for Women Peace and Security focuses on the role women play in preventing conflict and building peace, growing economies, and addressing global threats like climate change and violent extremism.
- Global Network of Women Peacebuilders is a coalition of women’s rights organizations building equal, resilient and peaceful communities.
- Huairou Commission: Women, Homes, and Community is an international social movement connecting grassroots women’s groups from poor urban, rural, and Indigenous communities who work towards transformative change on issues of gender-based inequity.
- NGO Working Group on Women, Peace and Security is a coalition of international NGOs working to advance the Women, Peace and Security agenda at the United Nations and around the world.
- Peace Insight is a mapping platform created and maintained by Peace Direct, and shares information on peacebuilding in areas of conflict, and features peacebuilding organisations around the world.
- Peace Women Across the Globe (PWAG) is the international network of 1000 women nominated for the Nobel Peace Price in 2005. The organization is committed to the participation of women in peacebuilding, particularly of disadvantaged and marginalized women.
- PeaceWomen is the Women, Peace and Security Programme of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), the oldest women’s peace organization in the world.
- United States Institute of Peace is a nonpartisan, independent institute focused on a world without violence and improving global security. It works with partners to prevent, mitigate and resolve conflict and violence.
- Women in International Security (WIIS) is dedicated to advancing the leadership and professional development of women in the field of international peace and security.
- Women, Peace and Security Network – Canada is committed to promoting and monitoring the efforts of the Government of Canada with a focus on the United Nations Security Council Resolutions on Women. Peace and Security.
- Klugman, J., et al. (2020). Beijing+25: Accelerating progress for women and girls. Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security & The Rockefeller Foundation.
- Political Settlements Research Programme. (2020). Conflict and Covid-19 resource hub. Blogs and resources addressing the COVID-19 pandemic from the perspective of conflict-affected areas.